PCE-DRB 1 : Brix Refractometer
Model No: PCE-DRB 1
Warranty: 1 Year
Stock Status : Instock
PCE-DRB 1 is a brix refractometer used to determine the sugar content / refractive index of liquid in the 0 ... 90 % Brix / 1.3330 ... 1.5177 nD measuring range. This waterproof IP65-rated brix refractometer features automatic temperature compensation (ATC) from +10 ... +40 °C / +50 ... +104 °F, as well as a large, easy-to-read LCD that shows both the measured value and the temperature.
Brix refractometer, as the name indicates, is used for determination of sugar content in liquid solutions, for example, beverages, wine or juices. This is a method of quick measurement of sucrose (% by weight) in a certain liquid. The brix refractometer may be applied not only in the laboratory or at the enterprise, but also in the household, for accurate measurement of sugar level in the self-made drinks and syrups. Brix value is the main parameter that indicates the quality of the final product. Brix refractometer for winemakersBrix refractometer is simple in its operation and it provides the user with the information about the amount of solids (sucrose) dissolved, and thus, indicates the level of juice or drink concentration. In the products containing certain amount of acids, it is important to maintain the correct balance between sugar and acid, so that the taste characteristics match the demand of the customer. Determination of the Brix value by means of the Brix refractometer helps to bring the sugar-acid ratio to normal and thus, avoid the production of the low-quality product. Another bright example of application of Brix refractometer is the production of wine. The winemaking process requires strict monitoring and control at all the stages, and even unfermented material – grape must – is tested with the help of the brix refractometer. To keep the fermentation process under control has become easy with the help of the Brix refractometer. It also helps to test the final product and determine the dry matter in it as well as the concentration of alcohol. Professional winemakers may even determine the eventual concentration of alcohol in the future wine, based on the measurements they receive from their Brix refractometer and carried out on the grape type. Generally accepted conversion scale allows carrying out the calculation quite accurately and without complications.
Brix level provides a lot of information about the material that the producer is going to use as well as about the final product. To ensure that the Brix refractometer works without failure it is provided with the temperature compensation function, is water-/corrosion-resistant, easy to clean and can be calibrated by the user on demand. This modern measuring instrument helps you to keep the whole production process under control as well as always gives a chance of carrying out final test before the product is served or prepared for passing it to the customer.
**Close lid before measuring**
● - Measurement parameters: Brix, refractive index, temperature
● - Automatic temperature compensation (ATC) from +10 ... +40 °C / +50 ... +104 °F
● - Handheld and portable
● - User-friendly 3-button operation
● - Fast and precise measuring results in approx. 1 sec.
● - ABS plastic housing with IP65 ingress protection rating against water and dust
● - Large, easy-to-read digital LCD shows both the measured value and the temperature
● - Average function measures same sample 15 times and displays the mean value
● - Stainless-steel ring on sample well protects glass prism from damage
● - Internal light source for improved accuracy
● - Small liquid sample size of just 4 to 5 drops
● - Easy calibration with distilled water
● - Battery-saving automatic power off after 1 min. of inactivity