Kestrel 5400: Heat Stress Tracker
Model No: 5400
Order Code: 0854ORA
Warranty: 1 Year
Stock Status : Instock
The next generation of WBGT and environment monitoring is here with the Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker.
The Kestrel 5400 is a trusted and accurate handheld, portable, WBGT (Wet Bulb Globe Temperature) measurement tool and environmental data logger. No need for distilled water, bulky globes, complicated setup or expensive equipment. Getting accurate measurements couldn’t be easier: just hold the Kestrel Heat Stress Tracker in the area of interest for both instantaneous and average WBGT measurements. Set the appropriate WBGT thresholds for flag warnings and the loud buzzer, bright LED beacon and on-screen warnings provide instant notification of dangerous conditions. The Kestrel 5400 even comes preprogrammed with several athletics, industrial, and military guidelines to further ease the set-up process.
Unlike other WBGT meters on the market, the Kestrel 5400 is a full-featured weather meter as well. Measure wind speed, maximum wind gusts, temperature, humidity, pressure, wind chill, density altitude and more. No matter what your activity, the Kestrel 5400 provides insight into the critical conditions affecting safety, performance and success. The Kestrel 5400 with LiNK wireless data communication adds a compass for tracking wind direction as well, expanding its usability to include HAZMAT response, and even measuring headwind at the running track!
The Kestrel 5 Series platform offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5400 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can be used anywhere needed to keep athletes, workers, military personnel and animals safe from heat injury. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
Pair the Kestrel 5400 with the optional Kestrel Vane Mount for hands-free measurements over the course of the practice, training session or workday. And for maximum functionality, choose the Kestrel 5400 with LiNK to transmit live measurements to your phone or tablet when you’re within range.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5400 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows/Mac device with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. The Kestrel Heat Stress Tracker line has been used by the US Army, US Navy, athletic trainers, and even organizers at the Boston Marathon. There truly is no comparable environmental safety monitoring tool on the market. Adopt best safety practices for your team or workplace and add a Kestrel Heat Stress Tracker to your toolkit.
The Kestrel Meter 5400 Heat Stress Meter measures/features
● Wet Bulb Globe Temperature ("WBGT")
● Thermal Work Limit ("TWL")
● Waterless! Natural Wet Bulb Temperature accurately calculated from on-board digital sensors with no tedious setup or maintenance.
● Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
● Globe Temperature
● Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temperature
● Wind Speed (Current, Average, & Maximum)
● Pressure trend
● Barometric pressure
● Relative humidity in %
● Heat stress index
● Wet bulb temperature
● Density altitude
● Wind chill
● Air, water, and snow temperature °F or °C
● Time and date
● Easy- to-read backlit display
● Data Logger (automatic and manual)
● Customizable data storage - 2900 data points
● Humidity sensor can be calibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
● Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
● Graph and recall trends
● User-replaceable impeller
● Data charting
● Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
● Meets MIL-STD-810F 516.5 Procedure IV Transit Shock test - 20 drops from 5 ft. ● IP-67 sealed to exclude dust and water at 3 ft. submersion
● Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
● US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
● Made in the USA