- Measures wind speed, temperature, humidity, pressure and direction.
- 14 total meteorological parameters measured, calculated and displayed real-time and stored in memory, including advanced meteorological measurements such as dew point temperature, wet bulb temperature and density altitude.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for nighttime use.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 1-year warranty.
- Used in meteorology, hiking, camping, expeditions, agriculture, research, aviation, sailing, long-range shooting, military operations and more.
The next generation of weather monitoring is the here with the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter.
This Kestrel meter does it all. The Kestrel 5500 provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4500. Measure every environmental condition plus wind direction, crosswind and headwind/tailwind. Use it golfing, sailing, flying, spraying, shooting and more. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments without damage, your Kestrel weather meter travels with you anywhere you dare to go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
The new Kestrel 5 Series platform adds many new features and options. If you’re familiar with the Kestrel 4500, the first thing you’ll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. The Kestrel 5 series also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and AA battery operation, along with optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5500 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can so it can work or play as hard as you do, wherever you go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a PC/MAC with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (available separately).
The true versatility of the Kestrel 5500 becomes apparent with the addition of the Kestrel Vane Mount. This precision-engineered accessory securely mounts the Kestrel 5500 to any tripod or other ¼-20 fitted bracket. Once mounted, the Kestrel 5500 becomes a full-featured weather station – with a large wind vane and precision pivot keeping the Kestrel oriented into the wind for continuous measurement and logging of wind speed, wind direction, and all other key weather parameters. The Kestrel LiNK app also displays the Kestrel’s real-time readings on a vivid, customizable dashboard – providing a remote display that functions up to 200’ away (line of sight). The ENTIRE Kestrel 5500 + Vane Mount kit weighs just 10.5 ounces / 295 grams, and packs into the included padded belt carry pouch that is just 2.5 x 3 x 8.5 inches / 6.5 x 7.5 x 22 cm. Providing hundreds of hours of accurate measurements, the Kestrel 5500 is truly the world’s most compact weather station. The Rotating Vane Mount is included with the 5500 with LiNK, or available for purchase separately. It works with any Kestrel 5 Series meter.
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. Be your own meteorologist, anywhere in the world, with a Kestrel 5500.