The Intrinsically Safe (IS) Mining Anemometeris the second generation of our battery-powered electronic anemometer for us in underground mining. Small enough to fit into a shirt pocket, the IS Pocket Mining Anemometer makes taking ventilation readings even easier than before.
With more enhancements on the second generation, the IS Pocket Anemometer audible signal lets you know when the 60-second count has started, counting and ends. The LCD display can be programmed to read in metric mode in seconds.
** Zone 1 Hazardous Area: The PMA-2008 Anemometer only carries a MSHA approval as intrinsically safe. It has not been tested for a zone 1 hazardous area. MSHA approval is for gassy mines, which may be equal to a zone 1 but officially, we do not claim it as such.
The IS Pocket Mining Anemometer measures/features
- Simple Two-Push Button Control
- Measure Air Flow
- Buzzer timer for 1 minute timing giving you airflow in feet per minute.
- Instantaneous Velocity Mode
- Adjust Buzzer Tone
- Count Mode
- Quick Spot Checks
- Dust proof
- Protective cover with sure-grip over molding
- No Calibration
- Large easy-to-read display with back-light
- Waterproof and floats
- User-replaceable impeller
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
The IS Pocket Mining Anemometer Includes
- A slip-on protective cover
- Neck lanyard
- CR2032 or DL2032 coin cell battery (Average life 300 hours)